- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, updating user account information and resetting passwords.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems, system performance tuning and answering technical queries of users.
- Issuing and replacing access control cards, trouble shoots when necessary.
- Maintaining all the printers and troubleshoots when needed.
- Liaising with the vendors for servicing and replacements.
- Ensuring servicing and maintenance of desktops and laptops
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft platforms like Active Directory, Exchange Servers and Windows Servers.
- Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, email servers, firewalls, databases, file shares and print servers.
- An understanding of patch management software.
- 5-8 years experience.